Friday, June 04, 2004

Photo Diary

One of the reason why I started to try blogging again is because I've seen that there is photo blogging. I'm quite intriqued by the idea as being an somewhat avid photographer, it would be nice to have a photo site much like one of my close friends who posted regularly on my host: http://www.cycle-soft.com/~bic.

Well though I was thinking shortly about creating a static website, the cost of maintaining on is really really large, and due to that, there must be a number of alternatives that should be better than that. At first I've code a picture gallery in PHP. The site will resize the pictures to create index of all the pictures in a directory, but making the comments took too much time that I disbanded the project - wasn't worth the trouble :P

Later worked on using phpBB forums as a place as there is easy comments. However after a while, you figure you need to continually FTP the files up and then make links from the site making the process rather tedious.

Later I'm exploring this option of using hello and blogger to make somewhat of a photo diary - if it is good - good :) If it is not, more complaining to do X'D

As I said earlier, this is my realm, I get to complain as much as I want to :P

No comments: