Thursday, June 17, 2004

Lack of Direction

Double standards is a word that directly affects our country's ruling party - and cronies.

The latest cronism that was leveled was on the handling of the Liverpool Purchase by the Thai Government. I wanted to point our PM first of all said a group of private investers will buy Liverpool FC. Later one anonymous spokeperson leaked news that the money would be used from Tax money drawing a chorus of disapproval before he reverted to using a special lottery for that means.

The lottery was later scrapped due to strong opposition from many sources that included a petition at Sanam Luang a while ago, and only scraped with Chamlong, our PM's political teacher asked him not to. He claimed he listen to the people, but as we see, the masses and the academia were all ignored which is a clear example of ears behind the back.

What I want us to know from all this is the a complete lack of direction from our government. Whereas our PM is promising riches and the glory of Liverpool FC through the means of lottery (which is a form of gambling), our Ministry of Education and our Ministry of Culture both are campaigning against it.

There are more cases I want to raise my point on, but that would be another day in my random ramble, when I get some more time to compose myself :)

No comments: