Thursday, September 23, 2004

Crab Tales

One of the contributors at our S&T Forum posted a very interesting article about different cultures - different food that is very interesting. I'll quote directly from that article in this update:



Author: Tu-Sais-Qui
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:54 pm
Subject: That Why They don't have Suki Coca in Europe.


I'm not sure this is the joke or not but I want to tell the story anyway.

Today I went to L'Af Library for review the lesson for the coming exam after I finished reading the topic that I planned to cover, on my way back home I went to have peaceful dinner at world trade center, after I have a seat at Coca restaurant. I saw one European girl sit beside my seat, I ordered “Tako jang” Which I intend to eat it a lot, when the “Tako jang” was served that girl grab to my table and asked me “What is this?” I answer her “It’s squids”, when I begin to eat it I have some idea that I will be the good landlord by invite her to try my favorite dish with siam smile.So that I asked her “Do you want to try?”, like she already waiting for that word, then she carry her dish and walk straight to my table I explained her everything that pop-up in mind at that time “ It is the kind of Japanese food ……”, she told me that she came from Israel, I told her that I’m Thai, but look like she feel a little wondering . After that she try to order the new dish which is “Pu-jar”(The fired pork mixed with crab in the crab cover) Since I’m very try with the reading so I decided to stay peacefully eating my Suki alone. After I called for checked bill, and planned to leave by say “good bye and have a nice day” to her, but at that moment she begin to ask me the new question “How to eat this?” , I can’t found the spoon at her table so that I decided to tell her to eating by hand because my dad used to told me that we should eat crab by hand, but unfortunately I forget to mention that she should be careful of crab’s cover because I think their should be make sense not to eat crab’s cover, but she did eat& bite it!!!, so It’ make me shocked and don’t know what to do, and she begin to look sick with crab’s cover which is make her in troubles and I can’t stop myself laughing (I’m truely not laughing at her but I laughing at my life what I already did? Did I do anything wrong? ) I try to be nice girl but end up with the word “cruel de ville”. Then I asked her “Are you ok?, I have to leave now you shouldn’t eat it’s cover, Good bye Have a nice day”.

So, what do you guy, think about this?, Did I do anything wrong?


4 comments:

jeremy said...

oops! i guess she must have thought it was soft-shell crab, not hard-shell poo jaa.

Xtercy said...

wow .... that's interesting ....

Pa said...

น่าสงสารปูถูกผูกบนโต๊ะสุดๆเลย คะ แต่อ่านหนังสือทั้งวันมาเจอรูปนี้ก็ เริ่มหิวไงก็ไม่รู้ oh hungry

Unknown said...

She was an Israelite or a Jew. She's not allowed to eat squid and pork (which was in the crab).