Monday, September 06, 2004

Changes for the Better? Part 2

Based on the previous thread, I've decided to try to outline a few more ideas that I do feel would be good to implement, and something I would try if I was elected as the leader of a country. I don't think alot of this is possible, but as this moment, I can ramble all I want in my own blog ;)

Pour money into alternative fuel sources
I think at this moment many countries are under the mercy of fuel companies who exert their influence against many countries when they try to work with alternative fuel sources. I think its time we should make a stand and come up with more viable fuel sources.

Increase Car Taxes and Fuel Taxes
I have a feeling that our country current is putting too much emphasis on helping the automobile industry. I believe that on the contrary, its about time that we should increase Car Taxes to dissuade people from getting more cars in our already crowded roads and also increase fuel tax as another deterrant. Once we get lots of income from tax over here, we could heavily invest on public infrastructures for our city which is something long overdue in our city.

Zoning on Entertainment Industries and Malls
A latest survey told that the number of entertainment centers such as malls, movie theatres, shopping centers, pubs, discotech, and gaming centers far outstretch the amount of recreational centers such as parks, musuems, and library. Its time that we should progressive do something about that to get the children of the future to be more interested in stuff other than entertain.

All batteries should be rechargable
One of the points I do want to emphasize is a lot of large companies don't really care about the environment, and one issue that displays this well is how they sell batteries. Batteries sold are usually those disposable types which are thrown after they are used. In Thailand, we had an influx of cheap chinese batteries which is actually repackaged industrial waste. Strange fact is that we can notice rechargable batteries can last much longer if recharged and work comparable to disposable batteries - but only due to marketing reasons the big companies don't really push rechargable batteries to the market. I think its time to make a rethink.

1 comment:

Xtercy said...

yup agree to all of that ..especially the alternative fuel source and tax on the cars and fuel...

zoning would be cool .. jarrkkk where would i live ???


in front of my house has 3 shopping centers.. other side of the soi has hotel, massage, up other side of the street has the entertaining complex ...