Monday, July 05, 2004

Great Leap Forward

During the last year I haven't been much productive of late, and I've decided its time for me to start working harder and stop being a couch potato and a game freak. I've decided to start a new program I call the Great Leap Forward, in which I devote much of my time in self-improvement by one of the most enjoyable pastime that I like - reading - and I've decided to chalk as much reading time as possible from now until the end of the year. Here are the list of books I've read during the June to early July period:

Books Related with Work:
How Not To Program in C++ (about 400 Pages)
Beginning Maths and Physics for Game Programmers (about 400 pages)
Core Algorithms in Game Development (about 700 pages)

Other types of Books:
How Would You Move Mount Fuji - Microsoft's Cult of the Puzzle (about 300 pages)
Underdogs in Overdrive (about 150 pages)
Who Were the Celts? (about 400 pages)

Pleasure Reading:
Rainbow Six (about 1000 pages(?))
Conan The Triumphant (about 360 pages)

Books that Didn't Finish:
On the Shoulder of Giants - Great works of Physics and Astronomy (+1000 pages but too difficult for me to understand at this moment :-/)

Looking through this list, I'm quite optimistic about the chances in the future if I can keep on this track :)

No comments: