Monday, August 09, 2004

Market Peddler Gets One Over A Bangkok Governor Candidate

During dinner yesterday, I was watching TV, when they were talking about all the activities of all the Bangkok governor candidates. In the scoop, most of the attention were placed upon the more famous candidates, though at the end of the show, they had some interesting scoops on the less famous candidates, though they focused mostly on their mishaps.

One of the lesser known candidates (I don't remember his name) was shown in the picture to campaign in the Huay Kwang market area which is a short place from my home. When I was younger, I used to regularly play at the Huay Kwang community basketball court, and I get to know alot of people around their area. In the news, it shows that the candidate was campaigning, when one of the market peddler tells him that it would be best for him to pay respect to the Huay Kwang holy man. When I was looking at the news, what caught my attention was the holy man that the peddler was talking about was a very familiar person. In the news clip, we could see the holy person was actually saying alot of things, then tapping the candidate's head repeatedly.

When the clip ended, I just remember, who the holy man was! If memory serves me correct, the holy man is actually an ice-tea/coffe/olean (some local coffee) seller who would walk one end of the market to the other end selling his wares to all the peddlers! Well the news show that person was an eccentric holy person, but in reality, I knew that the Huay Kwang market just had played a very very nasty charade with that governor candidate ;)

No comments: