Monday, August 02, 2004

Crimson Sea 2

During the last weekend, since I finally got alot of free time to spend, I've decided to waste my weekend in one of my favorite hobbies - playing video games ;)

When I was a little younger I remember distinctively about the video game marathon, in which I would start on Friday Morning and continue the gaming until late Sunday - "a complete binge". To be exact during the hours that eloped, I would be able to finish a number of different games during the time. However times are changing, and I won't probabaly pull off another near 72 hour gaming binge like I did during the college years, but anyway, when I do have some time, I do like to finish a game every odd weekend or so.


Anyway for this week, I've decided to pick up a game called Crimson Sea 2
which is a futuristic shoot-em up 3D arcade type of game by the Koei Developer to play for this weekend and finish up. It took me about 12 hours to finish all the stages in the game, in which I've evenly paced it during the weekends. In summary, the game is a hack-and-slash variant in which the player can choose to shoot also. If I would have to describe this game how it is like in a nutshell, it is similar to a game called The Devil May Cry which is one of the first games that features a 3d Action/Adventure game in which main character has both a sword-welding and gun-welding action hero. Crimson Sea puts less emphasis on the environmental dynamics as opposed to Devil May Cry, but more emphasis on making the game a frantic action intensive game - in which really hit the mark on this part (still got sore fingers :P).

Talking about it, I've just "Saved the World", and its time for me to revert to my old self - away from all the supernatural power - and get some Real Work done ;)

No comments: