Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Early Morning Doldrums

During the last few weeks, I've been extremely busy wi th things. As with an increasing workload at times I have to work longer and at times into the early morning. The major problem is that when you sleep very early in the morning, its pretty difficult to maintain a right state of mind when you have to wake up a few hours later many consecutive days.

Coffee is bad. As noted, it makes you hyperactive but only for a short moment before fatigue sets back in - and pretty much leaves you in a worse state than you were before. Eating sugar does help, but having too much sugar adds too much calories and also excess sugar leads to easy mood swings from imbalanced hormones. In summary, there is nothing better than sleep if you have too little sleep.

Anyway, life of late been pretty like a sin curve. At times its in the dump. For example, I'm increasingly frustrated with the excessive amount of spam in many of my email accounts. Lately with my newer email accounts I've taking extra precautions to the point of paranoid. To be exact, I will never give that email to any other person than people who I trust, and also are computer literate enough to know how to prevent spam. Anyone knowing this email would belong to an elite clique that could contact me. Anyway the last statement could be taken lightly like a joke, but somehow I have to admit it does sound somewhat elitist :P Talking about bad times, one of my forums was hacked after been attacked for a while. Can't really care too much at the moment due to work, but I'm currently going to get it back online with a new safer system. I got caught in a thunderstorm and had to wade through flood. The GDXCON2005 which I'm arranging is getting along well, and with potential sponsors, things can't be looking greater at this moment! My latest research is coming out well. Been invited as a special referee for a world robotic competition. Getting an additional side-job. Oh well, I could ramble on and on about little things but lets just leave it at this for now after a long absence.

With all that has gone through the last forthnight, somehow I just yearn for a long hibernation. Today, I'm going to make 120% sure I'm going to get it.

No comments: