Thursday, December 16, 2004

Why Post Count Is Not Updating

A few blogs ago, I was complaining that my post count and word count hasn't increased since I changed my template since last November. After that I've tried a few things - including changing the template back, editing the template, doing a few hacks, and none of this managed to fix that problem.

It was only up until today that I finally figured what went wrong when I went to the Blogger Support page and checked on Known Issues.


Pretty embarrasing for me I do have to admit :P

Known Issues
This is a list of currently-known Blogger bugs/issues (and workarounds, if available). We hope to fix all of them in time, so thanks for your continued patience!

- In Mac versions of Internet Explorer, certain buttons are not appearing, such as the buttons for signing in, creating accounts and blogs, and saving profiles. The best thing to do until we fix this is to simply use a different browser, such as Safari or Firefox. For cases like signing in or saving a profile, you can also just press Return to submit the form.
- Stats collection has been temporarily turned off, so you will not see your post count increasing on your dashboard or profile. We plan to restore this functionality in the short term but have needed to stop collecting the information for now in order to stabilize the database servers.

No comments: