Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Great MP3 Collection

During the last weekend, I was down for a count with a very bad case of stomache flu and vomitting. Pretty nasty stuff.

Though I was really unproductive through the weekend, I just decided to start my long process in converting all my CD collections into MP3. Though it mights sound absurd, but I just can't stand changing the CD from the CD/MP3 player at home. I think 7 hours of non-stop music in MP3 would certainly be better as I don't have to move my lazy bum to change the CD ;)

Anyway I don't support piracy, I buy license CDs. Though I don't like the recording industry and organiziations like RIAA, its unfortunate that the only way we can pay the artists that create these great music is by buying the original CDs. Do your part. If you listen to MP3 of artists that you like, don't hestitate to buy the original CD. I think that the MP3 revolution certainly has given the choice back to the consumers by allowing customers to really sample the album before buying which is a good step forward. Gone are the days in which the music industry can package 10 crummy along with 1 good single and expect it to sell.

I don't want to go to deep lengths today about the reasons and rationale why you should or should not buy those CDs - its partly got to do with a foul mood from a weekend of illness. Hopefully things will turn up for the better and I can start to get back into doing something serious.

No comments: