Wednesday, December 29, 2004

My Random Tale about our Tsunami Relief Effort

During the last few days, I've been trying to help coordinate and promoting with Bic about the need of helping out our grief stricken neighbors downsouth who were hard hit by the Tsunami, that I've mentioned alittle earlier a few days ago. Today, I've compiled all the stuff in my home that we plan to donate, and I was supposed to meet up with some more stuff Bic brought along. We were planning to go straight to P' Nut, who is a veteran rescue officer who we know personally to combine our donation with his load.

Since I had a very busy day today, I met up with Bic nearly 9:00 PM at my home. As you notice in the below picture, we were posing in the picture with a few of the donation. What we carried were sanitized gloves which was in huge demand, and the second one is paracetemol which we learnt later that is useless down south.




Anyway on a surprise twist, my big brother John decided to come along so we all bundled our stuff together and went to P'Nut's home.

In a short while we were there, and we loaded our stuff into P'Nut's car. He would soon be loading the new list of donations into the C130 transport train the first plane out of Bangkok tommorrow and would be going to help the relief effort down south. As you notice, the below picture lists the three musketeers with the donations.



After the quick photo, we decided to go up to P' Nut's house and talk with a little about how stuff were like and he shared many tales of strange and odd things that happened. In the next picture it shows P' Nut and Bic discussing about some of the things they heard from the HAM radio.



Anyway, since its very late today, and I am seriously lacking sleep, I'll update my blog a later day. When I finally do that, I want to recollect a few of the interesting tales we've discussed today which some of them displays the huge paradox in today's society based on the lessons we learn from this Tsunami.

1 comment:

The Cloud N◦9 said...

Seem like helpful tired day, Go Go The Three Musketeers!...Cool Tasks ;)