Thursday, November 25, 2004

Role Model ?????







I'll translate some of the major points in the news report posted above just incase one of the international viewers decided to visit:

Joy, one of the pair from the popular and sexy duo Triumph Kingdom, that used to hit the airwaves in Thailand many years ago, was caught in polic sting operation as an agent selling amphetamines.


Sigh... I always used to remind myself other than the glitzy life they live, movie stars and singers make very bad role models in general. Other than a few socially responsible stars such as Bono of U2 (pictured below), I suppose I find that most of them are aloof and rather cynical in nature. Talking about it, another popular local singer - Mos, who has a clean boy image, was awarded an anti-drug award for his contribution to the Thai society in the fight against drugs. On an interesting follow-up, a few years later, he was featured prominently in one of the advertisements for those energy-drinks - which is considered as a type of drug. Ironic isn't it?





Thinking about it, I guess I'll just leave this latest ramble as it is, and wait for people to flame me for making cynical remarks about their role models in general ;)

No comments: