Saturday, June 05, 2004

Solving Mystery of Hello Mysterious Network Error

The following article here is from the following url:
http://forums.picasa.net/viewtopic.php?p=5305

If you are interested in Photoblogging, the article says we have to download a program called Hello to allow us to upload the pictures to our photoblog. However there were lots of complaints about the pesky network error that plaqued the program.

In some cases, the recommendation such as turning off Proxy, Firewall, and AntiVirus doesn't work - I've suggested a way that can help solve that problem which is quoted below that could be of use:

I've been receiving a number of error which is the following error:
'A network error occurred (0x0000274d)' when I tried to use Hello for my Photoblog.

I've looked careful at the support pages, and I've discovered the problem was annouced in this forum address:
http://forums.picasa.net/viewtopic.php?t=1454

The problem says that I've been behind a proxy server. Since I use a local proxy on my computer, I've disabled it, and used direct connect.

However I found that the problem still persisted even though I turned off the proxy on my computer. Later I've also turned out all the firewall and then the antivirus hoping it would work. None of then did and still have the same error.

However, when I was about to be very very frustrated with the program, I've finally found a solution - though not very elegant. I happen to use a second (backup) ISP, and this time, Hello works perfectly!

This has made me conclude that - some ISP have proxy server connection - which as end users we may not know about it - which causes trouble when we log in. Other ISPs, may not use use that, and it allows us to connect to Hello without any problem.

As in my case, switching the ISP may allow you to connect to Hello if you tried to follow all the steps here but with no avail as explained briefly above.

It may not be elegant but it works - just have to juggle around with ISP which is somewhat irritating - but using Hello for Photoblogging is well worth the effort "

No comments: