Friday, June 11, 2004

Memories

Last Tuesday, I woke up out of bed, in one of my early morning stupor. I had a quick shower, and dragged myself to work. As usual, when I reached my workplace, I was as groggy as any person can get, and I resumed my early morning routine.

Around the same afternoon, I've finally figured that I've lost my PDA and a digital camera that I kept on my small black harddisk case that I usually carry around. After much deliberation that day trying to figure where I left it, after many hours of searching, it was all fruitless and I ended up having to go home empty-handed.

The value of the items were rather expensive. The digital camera was a Casio Exlim - a miniture digital camera that would cost about 12000 baht on the local market. My PDA was an older PALM, Zire 21 which should be around 4000 on the market value. The combined value was 16000 baht which was close to $400 worth of electronic equipment that was a huge lost that day.

After I reached home I tried to reconstruct my daily activities of that day and planned to retrace it the next day on all the places I've been to.

Early the next morning I repeated all my daily routine to the exact minute, but in the afternoon I given up hope figuring that the booty was too valuable - and someone must have pocketed it and gained a quick windfall from it.

Dishearten, I've went to my next class to teach, and just out of the blues, I've finally noticed that the bag that I was looking for was on top of the speaker system - well camoflaged (both are black). After looking around, I picked up the bag and examined the contents inside. Everything was intact - there was my camera and my PDA.

With a sigh of relief, I could breath easier to know that my stuff is still around. As mentioned earlier, memories are a fleeting thing, cherish them - before there are no memories no more.

2 comments:

jeremy said...

i've done exactly the same thing before- was certain i've lost stuff but then i find out after i've completely given up hope.

the worst was i thought i lost my wallet last month. i was looking all over the apartment for it and couldn't find it at all- as i always leave it in the same place i was certain it was lost/stolen.

i later found it on top of the fridge- i must have dropped it there when i went for a drink but i had absolutely no memory of doing that.

getting old perhaps!!!???

Pisal said...

Aye all the fun. Glasses are one large curlpit. Sometimes I wonder why can't we call them like the mobile phones when we displace them X'D