Friday, October 15, 2004

To Be Or Not To Be?

I was thinking about the Shakespeare quote - To Be Or Not To Be? - for quite a while in one stormy and boring afternoon when my UBC got disconnected after a horrible thunderstorm.

During that time, I just reached nirvana, and I finally figured what that quote meant and I can prove it, so many centuries after Shakespeare first popped the question. I decided to ask the members at my local forum if they knew the answer, and I've received a few interesting answers, which I'll list below here:



ma3x
In my opinion this is equivalent to:
"To live, or not to live" or "To exist or not to exist".

prl
I never read any Shakespeare's but I would map your
"TO BE OR NOT TO BE"
to

สมุทัย สาเหตุทำให้เกิดทุกข์ คือ ตัณหา ความอยากอันไม่มีที่สิ้นสุด แบ่งออกเป็น ๓ ลักษณะ
ก. กามตัณหา ความอยากได้ ในสิ่งที่ต้องการ เช่น อยากมีเงินมาก ๆ อยากมีบ้านสวย ๆ เป็นต้น
ความอยากเหล่านี้ ถ้าอยากมากก็ทุกข์มาก ถ้าอยากน้อยก็ทุกข์น้อย
ข. ภวตัณหา ความอยากเป็น ตามที่ตนต้องการเป็นก็เป็นทุกข์ ไม่น้อยกว่าความอยาก
ประการแรก เช่น เห็นเขาเป็นเจ้านาย ก็อยากเป็นกับเขาบ้าง เห็นเขาเป็นใหญ่
เป็นโต ก็อยากเป็นกับเขา ฯลฯ
ค. วิภวตัณหา ความไม่อยากเป็นอะไรทั้งสิ้น ก็เป็นเหตุให้เป็นทุกข์ได้เหมือนกัน เพราะความ
อยากไม่เป็น บางครั้งก็เกิดจากความไม่สมปรารถนานั่นเอง เช่น ปรารถนาสิ่งใด
ก็ไม่สมหวัง จึงทำให้น้อยเนื้อต่ำใจ หรือเกิดจากอารมณ์กลัว วิตก ฯลฯ

http://www.geocities.com/chanpagon/BD-L.html


Tu-Sais-Qui
I got my answer for a long time, but it’s impossible and unchangeable. Finally, I’m still in the loop, and fall into the local optimum again and again.


What you read above are some interesting answers, but none of them can be proved. So without further delay, I want to show the following answer:

0x2B | ~ 0x2B = 0xFF

LOL (You won't understand this if you are not in a science/engineering related field :P)

No comments: