Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Thinking in Songs

After going through some of my old music collection, I've found a few great compositions that I really like. One of them was called Tulpjes in de Lente (Little Tulips in Spring) composed by Vincent Voois, a Dutchman in which really inspired me to start composing. In one of his MOD tracks(A MOD track is an amiga sound format that uses real wave tables to synthesize notes, which does create sounds that are way better than early MIDI) he embedded the following quote:

I can track and compose exactly what is inside my head... i only can't
perform it live :)

My hi-tech midi- keyjazz jammer exists out of an old rotten AT-101 US
keyboard

Vincent Voois - Composer (General Noise Engineering)
That was what started me in getting into music composition as a hobby. Though having a dire lack of ability to play musical instruments, I've learnt that at times it takes just hard work, dedication, and some inspiration to compose music. After toying around for a while, and composing an odd collection of tracks, I have to say after all this time I've watched, it was a great experience. Though I don't think myself to be really accomplished as a composer, I'm glad to know that many of my friends actually still listen to a few of the tracks I've composed from long time ago, and that really gives me a lot of inspiration though I have to admit many of my songs are really created by a rotten AT-101 US keyboard :P

No comments: