Thursday, December 09, 2004

Angels Photographed?




Another article about strange spiritual photographs. As usual I do feel rather unconvinced by them. Let me tell you the reason why I always remain rather skeptical to spiritual photographs:

I'm a amateur photographer. I do want to point that sometimes the film I use have defects, and some of the film are not perfect, so they show strange dustmarks/streaks when developed.

One other note is that taking pictures in darkness, it tends to have many strange effects due to how the film reacts to light at dark places, and does show many strange behaviors.

I also learnt about taking multiple exposure pictures that will allow me to superimpose pictures on the same frame, and with a little creativity, I can really make interesting pictures.

I've also learnt that alot of miracles people claim to see captured on film are much more on the person's imagination. Like one local example, one person claimed that he saw spirits because his camera captures strange auras when photographing a religious event. It turned out to be that the aura was caused by excessive dust particles that were exagerated with the light system set up for the fair.

I would suggest more study on the picture before drawing to any conclusions. People are imaginative people, and this is the reason why we should approach these things with reason than to quickly join the bandwagon like a herd of cow.

3 comments:

Xtercy said...

umm .. looks like photoshop work to me ;) coz nite picture like that should bave at least 15 sec. exposure and the flam from the candles should moves as the wind blows.. but they stay pretty still ...

Xtercy said...

ohh 15 sec for film of is0 100 if the photograher claims that they use iso 1600 should be around .5 - 1 sec. or most possibility is iso 6400 with about 1/15 of sec. which i think the flames should be moving ...

and if they use higer iso the grain of the pic should be more ...

Pisal said...

What if the flames were not real flames but electronic ones? Would that make a change? Just trying to find a way to refute and counter refute the claims until a solution can be reached if it was a hoax or not ;)