Sunday, May 15, 2005

Recommended Jazz/New Age CDs

During the last few months, I've been in a Jazz/New Age buying spree, and I've bought myself a total of about a dozen or so CDs on this theme. I just thought about recommending a few of them:

Artist: Jaja
Album: Jaja
Genre: Fusion Jazz

Description: The first album of Jaja, this album is a simple example of smooth fusion jazz that is easy and simple to listen to, and quite melodic also. Many people said it reminds them of Kenny G during the earlier years before he became alittle too pop.

Artist: Jeanette Alexander
Album: Open Skies
Genre: New Age/Meditation Music

Description: A rather strange album due to its instrumental simplicity but profound meolody. I don't really know how to classify it, but it seems to be a crossover between new age, meditational, and spiritual music. A recommended buy for those who want to take some time off their hectic schedules.

1 comment:

The Cloud N◦9 said...

If I have a chance, I won't miss to try ;)

Hmmm...seem like people turned to listen jazzs more, see from incresing of jazz's boots. I'm not yet a jazz fan, but I really love to have jazzs in the car. Too bad, I can't classify what's Fusion jazz, what's Acid jazz, etc...Hope one day I could.