Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Fingers Crossed on Simulator

I used to remember writing fractal programs when I was younger and practicing programming. If you don't know what fractal graphics are, let me just show you some pictures of fractal graphics (note - pictures were taken from http://www.cosmiclight.com/)





Basically Fractal graphics is a complex mathematical formula in which can be used to generate intricate, interesting, and repeating fashions. It is often used as a programming exercise to practice programming, and also to test your hardware. As fractal graphics do take excessive amounts of computation most people usually write the program and leave it to render the whole night, and see the results the next day.

Now when doing this process, there are a number of problems that can occur. The major problem that could happen is that the program was coded wrong, and the results turn out to be rubbage. Another common problem that could occur is that the computer could simply hang on you and you waste the whole day's work.

Talking about it, I'm running a few intense simulators that I wrote, and I just have to keep my fingers crossed that my 24 hours of rendering won't go to waste :P

1 comment:

The Cloud N◦9 said...

Wow...it's interesting I don't know about this before :D