Wednesday, June 22, 2005

An Eye for the Odd

The last week I couldn't help but notice a few odd things that I couldn't help but ponder about.

The first thing that really caught my attention was a poster that had this as the highlight:

Argue Your Way to Victory


That was a headlines of a debate club poster, in which I couldn't help to figure the strange choice of words. Somehow I have this odd association when talking about arguing and debate, the first thing that comes to mind is the Taiwanese Parliment which is known for its frequent brawl. I wonder if it was the same :P

The second thing that really caught my attention is on the topic of fashion. In many cases, we can see alot of people trying to follow the latest fashion trends. I don't blame them for that considering all the modern influence of our pop culture, but at times I do feel things just gone a little tad too far. On my latest experience, the last time I went on the subway, I couldn't help but stratch my head at one of the passengers. One of the popular fashion these days worn by many female these days is to where a rather short top, which exposes much of the tummy clevage for people to see. If you don't get the picture, the picture below shows an example of how the top would be like.





The top is usually a spagetthi strap top, and it is complemented with usually jeans or any other pants or skirts. In many cases, I do think that this fashion has been in the craze of late might stem from the fact that such dress would garner the attention of people in visual distance.

Anyway, back to the topic, regarding the short spagetti top, imagine the following. Imagine if you see a fat young girl wearing that dress with alot of excess fat perturding through the dress.

.
.
.

Not a pretty sight is it?

The question is, is it best to stick with the latest fashion or is it best to dress decently? Or would it be easy to sidetrack back to the issue of losing weight to be able to fit in the dress?

Anyway, hard to figure, I do still feel that having a good health is certainly a lot better than having a good external appearance, but then again it could just be only me.

No comments: