Sunday, July 01, 2007

Saxophone Influences

After doing some browsing yesterday, I've somehow stumbled into a few websites of musical artists that I like way back. The first few albums of jazz that I listen to were from two artists - T-Square and Malta. If you have been listening to jazz in the far east, you might know more about these two artists. T-Square is a modern fusion jazz band, and this band introduced me alot of fusion jazz, synthesizers, and a big influence in getting myself an EWI (Electronic Wind Instrument). Malta is another modern jazz player that I stumbled upon and liked tremendously. Malta is a saxophone player and he usually composes and play smooth and upbeat jazz numbers that fit well especially if you are in a long car drive. As I usually spent most of my weekends going to different provinces with my friends (during my studying years), Malta was our favorite artist during the rides.

In Thailand, T-Square information is easy to find. As there is an easy to access website and many other fan sites, you can find lots of information on the WWW. Also with a large number of listeners here, there are regularly many albums that end up being sold in the market here also. However in the case of Malta, you'll be hard pressed to find an album or any information in the WWW due to having a name similar to a popular tourist resort. Strangely enough, as being in a extremely bored mood, I decided to browse around, and due to luck, I've managed somehow to stumble into the website of that artist:
http://www.malta-jazzclub.com/

Might be worth a look as there are many song samples that are available for download.

No comments: