Friday, July 08, 2005

Begging for Food?

When going through wiki an online encyclopedia, I happen to stumble upon an entry on our PM. I found this statement in his famous quotes - and I wonder how does begging for food and transparency are related? Hmm...

"Please don't intervene. Please leave us alone. It is my job and we can cope with this matter. We are trying to explain this to foreigners. But if they do not understand or ignore our explanation, I don't care because we are not begging them for food."

- Thaksin Shinawatra 1 May 2004, in a radio address concerning crackdowns on Islamic militants.

2 comments:

A_Neutron_Astray said...

When you don't know how to respond, just come up with an irrelevent phrase that some people will fall for, just for the satisfaction of hearing it. One of our PM's most common tactic, but seems to work every time. I wonder how many times it will take people to realize it?

Pisal said...

Its still working. The majority of the Thai people still think our PM is clean, when there is so much proof on the contrary.