Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Root Cause of a Bad Computer

After struggling with my new computer for a year or so, I've finally found the root cause of the problem that causes unscheduled rebooting on occasional basis and lots of artifacts when playing hi-end games. After fudging around, I removed my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum sound card (with a front panel) out, and it turned that all the games worked perfectly without the artifacts and the computer stopped rebooting at random intervals.

I believed the problem has to do with the inadequate power supply that came with the case. I reasoned that the power wasn't simply enough to power all the electronic devices installed in the computer. Though I'm not completely sure on the conclusion, it does sound plausible enough.

Thinking about all of it, this is both the joy and the angst of having a PC. You just have to have a little knowledge or that PC is going to make you completely frustrated.

No comments: