Saturday, September 22, 2007

New Mobile Phone?

Just a few days ago, during one of my proctoring sessions, one of my co-worker's phone broke down for no apparent reason. After trying to resurrect it for a while without any luck, we concluded that the phone was dead and my friend needed to buy a new phone. As he was a Indian lecturer, I took him to a mobile phone store and took the time to help him browse through the list. As noted, if you don't speak the Thai here, you're pretty much clueless of what is offered. After much consideration, my friend picked up a rather nice multimedia phone for about 7k baht - which had loads of features such as photograph, MP3 player, radio, blue tooth, and a whole load of other goodies.

On a short note, I was also planning to buy a new mobile phone soon. If I do have to replace my mobile phone, on a strange note, I was planning to go to an old retro version. A mobile phone that is only a mobile phone. Cheap and effective. That is all I need. To be exact, though it is good to be excited with all the new features, at the end of the day, I figured that it was more important to have a working phone during crunch time than to burn my batteries with all the unnecessary tasks such as listening to music or playing video games.

Talk about how different the philosophies are LOL

No comments: