Wednesday, May 02, 2007

As Fate Takes You...

Its been quite a while since my childhood years. One of the things that I've remembered well then was about wild dreams of a future there to be conquered. Some of those things dreamt where plain silly. Some of them were plan audacious. However after every passing year since childhood and as adulthood approaches, it seems that the window of opportunity seems to close little by little as reality sets in. What grandiose dreams were then changed, deemed too unrealistic to be true. Though the goals has been set from the sky down to just a jumping height, somehow it is quite funny to look back today and figure that all that most of my immediate goals were accomplished.

This is the problem of aiming too realistically and maybe in a sense too low. Once you do that, somehow when you reach the goal, it makes you kind of less fulfilled. In the hindsight if I did aim too high, the sense of anxiety from not being able to fulfill your potential is another bad feeling that is hard to get rid of.

So what does the future hold? Hard to say. At times it sounds like a good idea and just take a short step backwards to think and reflect on all that is done, reevaluate goals and just keep walking forwards to whereever fate takes me. It will be a fun and exciting road this year it things go as it is. Once more things are finalized, I will promise to write a little more about myself - though as you notice I hardly do that - being as emotionally detached at times as I usually am.

No comments: